We Are Open!!
We reopened on Saturday 4th July after nearly four months of being closed due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. We have learnt a lot since re-opening and here is what you need to know about our operations from now on:
1. If you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms (high temperature, continuous cough, loss of taste), please cancel your booking and stay at home.
2. We highly recommend booking a table (by calling 07857 974 177, or email email@example.com) in advance to avoid disappointment - we are only using half of our tables at present to ensure everyone is socially distanced from one another, and to keep everyone feeling safe. Please note, we may close a little early if our last bookings have left for the evening.
3. We are quarantining games for 48 hours after being played - board games are difficult to clean, so we are asking that you sanitize your hands before playing a game, and you may request gloves from staff if you prefer. This should keep the games clean, but as an extra precaution, they are removed from the library for 48 hours after being played. Therefore, if you have a particular game that you would like us to reserve for you, please give us 48 hours notice and it will be put aside for you.
4. We are currently unable to teach you games - we are happy to recommend games to you, but teaching a game involves us also touching the pieces, and leaning over tables etc which may mean we are unable to maintain the minimum 1m distance from you, so sadly, we are unable to offer this service at the moment - we hope to be able to do it again in the near future!
5. Please arrive exactly on time for your booking - we are spacing bookings out to enable us to serve each table safely and efficiently.
6. Parents - please be aware that you are responsible for ensuring your children follow social distancing rules, and keeping their hands clean in the cafe.
7. We need to take a name and number for everyone sitting in the cafe for track and trace purposes. This information will be destroyed after 21 days.
8. As of Saturday 11th September 2020, our max booking is 6 people. We will not taking bookings of more than 6 under any circumstances.
9. Please wear a face covering when moving around the cafe, but you can remove it when seated at your table. Failure to comply with this will result in you being asked to leave the cafe.
Sugar and Dice Ltd
Telephone: 07857 974 177
*Please note - we can only respond during our business hours*
2pm - 10pm Mon - Fri
2pm - 8pm Sun
(Updated Monday 7th September 2020)
There is ample parking in the area – the closest car park is on Pownall St. off Park Lane and there is another small car park on Tabley Street, both are less than two minutes walk from the cafe. Otherwise Liverpool Q-Park car park is within five minutes walk of the cafe or King Park on Kings Dock St. in the Baltic Triangle offers all day parking at very reasonable prices. If you visiting after 6pm then on-street parking is available for free, but spaces are very limited as it is a residential area. Please always check the signs to be sure!